Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I Cheated...........

02-10-09, Okay, I cheated. I said I was going to wait a week before I took my first taste of the blend. I could not resist. Every time I would walk by the cask I wanted to try some. I finally got a tall shot glass and decanted some into it. The color was a surprise first of all. It was a dark amber. It was beautiful. The aroma was very pleasant. Sweet and fruity (I guess so being that most of it is wine). Then I tasted it. WOW! It was awesome. Very mellow and warmed you as it went down, but not that strong alcohol burn. It was not what I was expecting at all. I was ready to decant it into bottles and start drinking it, but I am going to give it time. If this gets better with time I have stumbled upon a gold mine with my blend. I am glad I wrote it all down. Come by for a taste sometime.

No comments:

Post a Comment